13 years ago
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Utah Football Women's Clinic
So, the Utah football program sponsors a women's clinic every year in the fall. My next door neighbor asked if I wanted to go with her. It includes three sessions, and is held at the football practice facility. I signed up, and went for the first time last Wednesday. It was a BLAST! Mike is so proud that I am willingly learning about football. The director of the football program is in charge, but we were able to meet the whole coaching staff, including Coach Whittingham. We met in the "situation room" where the breakdown film as a team, (I don't think it is really called that, but anyway...), we went in the training room, we took a tour of the athletic facility, took a tour of the locker rooms (holy cow it was stinky in there), and had Coach Whit break down film with us and let us ask all sorts of questions. It was AWESOME!!! I am way excited to go back next time.
The Fiesta Bowl "Trophy" It isn't the real thing, as the real one cost $2.4 MILLION dollars. Who knew?
Brian Johnson's Locker
This is the first thing you see when you enter the locker room, if the smell doesn't knock you out before that.
The game countdown clock in the training room. Notice the flavored milk on the counter...this is what they give their players after working out. It is the best thing to bring their bodies back to normal after a strenuous workout.
I wouldn't last 5 seconds in the training room. One player can squat 700 lbs. That is SEVEN HUNDRED POUNDS!!!
A cool mural in their lounge area. Go UTES!
This is in the hall where they showcase the players of the week from their team as well as the conference.
Coach Whittingham introducing the coaching staff.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
You are quite the woman!!!! What a fun thing to do. Go UTES!!
Sounds fun Em! I love the pictures. You are my football hero.
I just have to say Em, we are awesome! I think the boys are jealous because they are afraid we will actually know more about football than they do! I can't wait for next time! Oh, and you need to send me the pictures so I can blog it!
yeah for the women's clinic! We are the coolest people I know.
That looks like so much fun! I told Laura that we want season tickets with you guys next year. I got to get in on all this Ute action! Thanks again for those awesome tickets. We had a blast! I hope you are having fun in Disneyland!
What a fun day! Can't wait for the game on the 27th...who should I root for Weber or the Utes? I'm dying to see Disney pics, come on all ready-the suspense is killing me! LOL ;)
Post a Comment